My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Thursday, January 8, 2015

I can't believe the New Year has already begun! Christmas Break went by way too quickly! Steve had 3 weeks off of work which was so nice. And V, was home from school for about a week and a half, It was so hard this Monday having them leave and go back to work and school, I also had work this week as well. I can't remember if I've mentioned this on this blog before or not; I'm a substitute cook for the school district,  This is my third year doing that Every year I seem to get called up more and more often to work, Usually it averages to about once or twice a month, But last month and this month I've been more busy, I worked the last week and half before Christmas Break and this whole first week back. I've really come to enjoy the work. I'm grateful they've worked with me in that most shifts start at 7:00 in the morning {a few start a little later in the morning} but I don't come in until about 8:15 after I've taken V, to school, So it's nice that I can still drive V. to school and this job really doesn't affect our home life at all. I only work during the times when I normally would be home alone anyway, But I am glad that this week was my last full week of subbing. It'll be nice to get back to my old routine next week of hitting the gym in the mornings and getting housework and errands done before V. is home from school.
 Anyhoo, enough about that....
We still have Christmas up and I love it!! But I think we'll be taking it down this weekend. Our tree is so pretty I don't want to take it down but it does take up a lot of space in our little living room, so it's time for it to come down. Steve will probably just toss it out in the back garden and in the Spring he'll chop it up to use for firewood, It'll smell real nice when we use it for our fire pit this Summer!
I'm looking forward to tomorrow and having V, home {we don't have school on Fridays}. We're just going to get some work done around the house and hit up Costco and Winco for some groceries.
Well, it's late and time to sign off. I'm hoping to post more often even if it's just to jot down some thoughts or to journal my day. 

No comments: