Anyway, the one in Boise is the St.Lukes Womens Fitness Celebration. I walked this a few years ago with Steve's mom when V. was a baby. I pushed her in a stroller that year.
This year, I wanted to see how well I could run it. I have been trying to run for the last month, but haven't made much progress. However, I do feel like I ran better this time, then the last 5k I did. It seemed a little easier. That's improvement, right?
So this is a picture of the front of the shirt. In the lower left hand corner you'll see there is a signature. Who's you might ask? Jared the subway guy! He was there at the end of the race signing cards that everyone got. But my sister-in-law and I thought it would be cool to have him sign our shirts!{I really wanted him to sign my bra...} Holy Cow! I'm just kidding! I know it's lame that we had him sign our shirts! But after a race you have adrenaline and are kinda in a silly mood!
They had these blocks of fabric you could buy for $5. All the proceeds went towards cancer research. You were supposed to write the name of someone you know or knew that has battled cancer. So, of course, I put down my mom. And I pinned the fabric to the back of my shirt.
This reminds me to tell you...This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month. PLEASE check yourself monthly! If you can, get a yearly mammogram! So many people think since no one in their family has had breast cancer that they are safe, or they think they are too young to get it. NO! It is so important to be proactive, and try to prevent and/or detect this and any other type of cancer you can!
A close up of Jared's signature...
Steve's mom, sister and I after the race. It was alot of fun! I still didn't run it completely, but I did shave 1 minute off my time from the last 5k I did. So I think that means I ran a little better.*shrug*
We had told Steve that we would be done with the race by 10:00. But his mom wanted to hang out and see some of the festivities afterwards. So I told him not to worry about coming to get us until after 11:00-11:30. But when I crossed the finished line, there he was with V. and her cousin J. waiting for us! It was so nice to see them! He was so good to feed them, get them dressed and watch them that morning so that us girls could do this race! Here's a picture of him pulling the girls around in a wagon.
1 comment:
I love the picture of V following Steve. My kids run and scream when they hear a lawn mower. :)
I tried your recipe for teriyaki chicken and fried rice that you put on facebook a while back, and we loved it! So thanks! got any other good ones? :)
Post a Comment