Well, I should have posted this last Sunday, but, better late then never, right? This past Sunday we had a special Stake Conference because Richard G. Scott came to speak to us. Elder Scott is one of the 12 Apostles that we have in our church. Who knows when we will get another opportunity to have an Apostle come to our area! It was a great meeting and I felt the Spirit so strong and had some good thoughts to dwell on.
Steve has been in San Diego w/ his brother for their annual trip that they take every year about this time. They go to the Super Cross races and also get some surfing in! He felt bad that he was missing the special Stake Conference we had, but I talked to him afterwards and told him about it. V. was a very good girl during the two hour long meeting. We actually sat for three hours. They opened the doors an hour early and I'm glad we got there early! We would have had to sit clear in the back if I hadn't found some friends up front who saved some seats for us.
Some of Steve's family came to Blackfoot this last weekend. His sister came up with her little baby that we haven't seen yet. He is so cute! It was fun to hang out w/ his family!
Anyway, we had a fun weekend and have a fun one planned for this next weekend. V. and I are going to a Disney Tea Party on Sat. I'll try to post some pics and such later this weekend.
Steve is on his way home right now and has the rest of the week off of work, so we'll have a nice long weekend w/ him! I love that he has the opportunity to do things like this w/ his brother and it makes me happy to see him doing things that he enjoys. But it'll be nice to have him home, I missed him!
{My turn is next month, when I go on a girls weekend w/ Steve's sisters down to Phoenix!}
My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great experience to have Elder Scott there! And that's awesome that V was good! I'm pretty sure Landon wouldn't have made it. :) I'm glad Steve is back - it's hard to have husbands gone!
You are in the same stake as my sister......I bet it was awesome to hear Elder Scott speak. Your girls weekend sounds like tons of fun!
That would be such an awsome experience. 3 hours is a very long time with children, especially on your own. Way to go. I always go on a girls weekend with my sisters every year. It's good for us to get away and it's good for the men too. Makes them appreciate us more.
Post a Comment