My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Disney Tea Party

The day before Valentines Day, the Snake River Choir department hosted a Disney Tea Party for a fundraiser. Steve and I thought V. would really enjoy something like this. SO I bought a ticket for her and I. They had different stations where we made our own Tiaras, had our makeup done, learned to dance, and had a little luncheon. All with students dressed up like Disney Characters. Here's a bunch of photos from the fun time we had!
Here we are holding our tickets for the Tea Party!


We made our own little Tiaras!


V. conferring with Jasmin over the color of make-up to use.


All right, this next photo almost breaks my heart. During the dancing they had some free time, and V. kept watching the Evil Queen from Snow White dancing with other little girls. I could tell she wanted to dance with her as well. But the Queen was always surrounded by other kids. Finally, from across the room I saw V. notice that the Queen was alone. V. made a beeline for her. On the way, she collided with another little girl, and fell down and started crying. I went to her and picked her up. By this point the Queen was, once again, surrounded by girls. I asked V. if she wanted to go ask the Queen to dance with her. She said yes, and immediately started wiping her tears away. I walk with her a short way, then let her walk the rest on her own. I saw her ask the Queen to dance with her. She said yes and took V.'s hand and started taking her to the center of the dance floor. On the way, they rang the bell and said it was time to go to the next station. The Queen could have just said , "Sorry, I can't dance with you" and left. But instead she bent down to V.'s level, took her hands and told her she was sorry, but she was glad that V. had come. Then V. came running up to me all happy. That girl that played the Queen had no idea how badly V. wanted to dance with her. She had no idea that V. had a fall while trying to get to her. I was so touched to see her be so kind to V. and make her dream come true. She had no idea how much that meant to her. It still makes me tear up to remember the look on V.'s face as she came running up to me after this whole little incident.

Here are a few more photos...
V. and Minnie Mouse~


V. and Genie~


V. and I and Snow White~


V. and Pinocchio~


V. and Mickey Mouse~

There are many more photos of V. with Disney characters. She wanted a photo with all of them. But I'll spare you and just leave this post as it is!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

So stinking cute! I wish I had known about it - the girls would have been in heaven. She is getting to be such a big girl.

Karen said...

Okay Pinocchio is a little freaky! That sounds like such an awesome idea...what a fun Mommy/daughter date!

Hailey said...

When I saw the flyers for this cute little tea party, I wished I had a little girl to take so bad! How cute! Hopefully they do it for a few more years!