But... ever since V. joined our family, we don't seem to spoon as often.
Not for lack of trying!
On a lazy Sunday afternoon, we'll spoon on the couch while watching a movie. Then comes V. She jumps onto us, and squishes herself between the two of us.
We'll snuggle up together in bed, spooning. Then, I hear little footsteps coming. And soon, there's little V., climbing into bed with us and sleeping between us.
.sigh.
She joins us in our bed almost every night.
I know you all are thinking," WHAT!?"
Back when we started trying for baby #2, I worked very hard to break her of that habit.
And I did.
For awhile.
Then she slowly started coming back into our room at night.
I now realized that the chance of us having another child is pretty slim.
So I'm not trying to break the habit this time. She falls asleep in her own bed and such. But sometime during the night, she joins us in our bed.
As much as I miss spooning with my hubbie, I know all too soon V. will outgrow wanting to snuggle with us.
All too soon, she'll sleep thru the night in her own bed and I'll go in her room in the middle of the night and kiss her forehead and think,"Where has the time gone? When did my baby grow up and get too old to snuggle with mommy?"
So, I've decided to enjoy these moments before they are gone.
Steve and I will have plenty of time to spoon in the future.....
A picture of V. hogging Steve. She gets all the attention now.....
2 comments:
You are right! It's hard to find a good balance of things before they are gone! I say snuggle away!
we are joined most nights by one or the other of the girls. I hear you. :) It will be all too soon before there isn't much snuggle time, I say revel in it while you can. You need to email me when you post - I miss too much. Your apple pie filling looks delicous. I did sauce, but I'm inspired to do some pie filling now too! yum.
Post a Comment