My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Our little girl turns six!

This year's V.'s birthday week was kinda crazy! She was sick on her birthday and I kept her home from school the following day which was the day she was going to bring cupcakes to school. She was kinda bummed she missed that.
 I hadn't been feeling well that week either. To make a long story short, I had a tetanus/pertussis booster earlier in the week. My arm got infected. I was miserable, in pain, and miserable for a few days! And I had no energy. I made no homemade anything this week for her birthday. I felt like I kinda dropped the ball on things, but oh well! You do the best you can, right?
We started a new tradition this year. When V. woke up on her birthday there were 6 balloons{one for each year she is} waiting for her. In each balloon was a dollar bill. I think we'll do this every year until she gets too old and we can't afford it!:)
{ She still hasn't popped the balloons to get her money out. She likes the balloons too much!}
My brother and his family came to town for a couple of days and V. did enjoy playing with them. Luckily I was feeling somewhat better by the time they got here and my awesome sis-in-law helped me make a few Christmas gifts.
Then V. had a choir concert on Friday night. I'll post about that later.
On to the birthday photos!
 I accidentally up loaded these photos in reverse order.
So we'll start with the end of V.'s birthday and work our way to the beginning!
Last year, we let V. invite friends to her birthday because she usually didn't have a whole lot of cousins show up. But this year, we were expecting a good amount of cousins, so we told her no friends. She was fine with that! She loves her cousins!
The day of her party 3 of her cousins ended up not coming because of being sick. :(
Thank goodness my brother from Utah was up with his 3 kids!{4 if you count the baby}
If they hadn't come up, we would have had no cousins, no other kids for V. to play with.
This is a photo pf her with 2 of her cousins. These girls are 6,7,and 9 years old. So they all get along great! 
 This was right after she blew out her candles and her cousins are shooing the smoke away!
 I was going to make a cake myself. I had bought the princess toppers and everything. But this week was crazy!  And with all the normal stuff going on, I just didn't care to make the cake myself anymore. So I took the toppers to Ridley's and asked them  to make a cake and use my toppers. They did a good job and V. loved her princess cake!
 Opening up gifts. She got some really nice gifts from everyone!

This was before the party. V and Steve had run to pick up the pizza, and the cake. When they came back to the park V. came running to me with these balloons! I told Steve I wasn't planning on doing balloons, I wanted to keep things simple. He said,"It's a birthday party! There has to be balloons! I got one for each kid that will be here." That was very sweet of him! And V and her cousins loved the balloons!
 My parents weren't going to make it to her party, so they took us out to eat earlier in the week. They let her pick the place and she picked Pizza Hut. We had alot of fun with them and it was nice to have a quiet dinner with just them and us!
I can't believe our little girl is 6, in Kindergarten, and just growing up so fast! We love her to pieces! She has been such a blessing in my life!

No comments: