The last 3 years, during the month of November, I have posted something I am thankful daily. I have had this list on the sidebar until the month is over. Here and here are my lists from the last two years.
Much of the posts are the same every year. But it really does help me recognize all I am blessed with when I make these lists! This last month our truck broke down and needed a new transmission, my vacuum broke, V.'s closet door broke and we can't find a part for it, a bookcase fell apart, and the list seems to go on. But we have also realized the last couple of weeks just how blessed we are! We are all safe, healthy and warm and have food in our cupboards. I thank my Heavenly Father for all He has given me. And I am so thankful for all me blessings!
I Give Thanks for~
Day 1} I am Thankful for the example of others. Today I helped a friend, with her sons, who is in a wheelchair and has been through so much in the last 2 years. Talking with her was very spiritually uplifting.When life's trials happen, you can choose to become bitter or choose to have faith in the Lord. She has chosen to have faith. She is a wonderful example to me!
Day 2} I'm Thankful for friends who help me understand how to use my computer!
Day 3} I'm Thankful that V. is old enough to help with housework. And does it well enough that I don't have to redo it after her! {for the most part I don't have to redo it} And she helps with a smiling attitude and talks my ear off while helping me!
Day 4} I'm Thankful for my daughter who, while driving with me in the dark and blowing snow where I can barely see anything and just want to cry because I HATE driving in the dark and the snow and am scared, decides to bear her testimony to me. Such a sweet reminder that the Lord is always with me and is aware of my needs, and fears. I need not be afraid with Him by my side.
Day 5} I'm Thankful for a husband who drives me to town because it's snowing and I HATE driving in the snow!{See Day 4}.
Day 6} I am Thankful for a husband and daughter who helped me deep clean the house this weekend without complaint! I think a good 'Spring' cleaning should be done in the Fall as well, now our house is spic and span for the Holidays!!!
Day 7} I am so Thankful for our Home. It keeps us warm and safe from the cold winter!
Day 8} I am Thankful that we can buy our daughter a warm, thick winter coat, nice snow boots, and gloves and a warm winter hat. It is starting to be sooo cold here! But I'm glad to know when she goes outside for recess she is warm and dry!
Day 9} Today I am Thankful for who ever invented the crock-pot. And I'm Thankful I have a crock-pot! It's going to be a busy afternoon but it's a wonderful feeling knowing that we will have a really nice, hot, homemade meal tonight because I can put it in the crock-pot now!
Day 10} I'm Thankful for Relief Society nights. And the women who put in all the hard work to make them happen! I enjoyed a nice evening visiting, eating, learning about pie making, and see different gift ideas. A very pleasant evening indeed!
Day 11} Today is Veterans Day. I am Thankful for all the men and women who have served our country. We have many family members who have served. And my younger brother is currently serving in the army now. Thanks to everyone who have kept my family and my country safe!
Day 12} I am Thankful for the unconditional love of my daughter. She loves me on my bad days and good days. There is nothing that is sweeter to me than when she puts her arms around me, gives me a kiss and tells me she loves me!
Day 13} I am Thankful for music! I'm grateful I have a somewhat decent voice and could sing in the Stake Choir today at Stake Conference. Our last song I felt the spirit so strongly! It was a beautiful Conference and I'm grateful I could be a part of it!
Day 14} I am so Thankful Steve has a job. A job that enables me to stay at home with V. With today's economy, we are so very blessed to have what we do!
Day 15} I'm Thankful for a little daughter to call my own! I love getting her up in the morning, making her breakfast, doing her hair, getting her all bundled up and driving her to school. And I'm so glad that she still gives me a hug and a kiss when I drop her off!
Day 16} I am so Thankful for my Savior. I know He loves me. And I am so Grateful that He atoned for my sins so I can be forgiven of my sins and live with my family forever!
Day 17} I am Thankful that I am able to be involved in my daughter's school. I am Thankful that I can help in her classroom every week.
Day 18} I am Thankful for the opportunity we had to take Steve's mom and go as a family to watch our High School Football win State!It was a fun evening!
Day 19}I am Thankful for electricity. We went without power for about 3 1/2 hours this afternoon. I was so grateful when it came back on! The house was starting to get cold!
Day 20}I am so, so Thankful for my Heavenly Father. I am grateful he planned a way for us to come home to Him! I am grateful to know of His love for me!
Day 21}I am Thankful for my warm, soft bed to snuggle in and get a good nights sleep!
Day 22}I am Thankful for our car! Steve's truck broke down, but we are blessed to have another vehicle!
Day23}I am Thankful that all three of us are healthy and safe. Steve has a co-worker who was in a car accident with his family. The children are fine, but he and his wife are in serious condition. I hope and pray that they will be alright! It seems like we've had some bad luck lately, but at least we have each other and our health!
Day24}I am so Thankful for all our family members! 'Friends may come and go. But Family is Forever!'
Day25} I am Thankful that Steve has been able to spend the last couple of days with us as a family!
Day26} I'm Thankful that Steve's brother and family were able to come down and spend some time with this weekend. V. loves her cousins!
Day27} We are so grateful for a wonderful neighbor who noticed Steve's truck missing and came over and handed him the keys to his Cadillac and told Steve he could use it until our truck was fixed. Now V. and I don't have to get up at 5 in the morning to drive him to the bus stop! Such wonderful neighbors!
Day 28}I am Thankful for the opportunity to see a friend and her kids before she left for Boise for a few weeks. V. and I had so much fun with Stephanie and her boys!
Day 29}I am Thankful for Relief Society and Visiting Teaching. I get to know the sisters in the ward so much better thru visiting with them. And I learn much wisdom from them during these visits!
Day 30} I am so Thankful for all the many blessings the Lord has given me and my family! We are truly blessed!
My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008
Monday, December 5, 2011
My Thankful November
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment