We had a fun, busy Christmas season.
This year, I wanted to try really hard to teach V. about the importance of giving. We have a cute, little house advent thing that has drawers that pull out. Last year I tried putting scriptures for us to read in each drawer. But we also have a really good advent book that also has scriptures and it got a little confusing. So this year I thought we'd do random acts of kindness. In each drawer there was a slip of paper with an act of kindness V. could do. Some were small like do your chores without being asked, tell a family member you love them, be kind to another child at school, etc. Some were things we do every year anyway like give a gift to your school/piano/ballet teacher, take treats to nieghbors, etc. Some were fun like tape candy canes to atm's around town or tape quaters to vending machines. Some were a little bigger: bake and take goodies to the library staff, to the fire and police departments. And some required a money sacrifice from V. like buying a toy to donate to Toys for Tots and buying some canned food for the FoodBank. And yes, V. used her own money for those.They were all fun and V. couldn't wait each morning to open up a drawer and see what act of kindess she could do that day. We will definetly be doing this every year from now on! And I enjoyed doing it with her as well and giving to people all season long!
We had a family party at my parents.
V. and her cousin loved watching the train go around and around grandma and grandpa's tree~
My dad in the background, my brother, and my sister holding my niece. Isn't she a cutie? And V.~Steve and V. having fun!~
Some family chaos. We had the kids put on the nativity. {Unfortunately I didn't have the camera ready for that.} This photo is everyone getting ready for the white elephant gift exchange~
My Dad and V. watching all the fun~
I tried taking a couple of panoramic photos of everyone. But I still only got a few people in the photo and not everyone~
Then we started fun Christmas time with Steve's family.
Here's a photo of V. and her cousin and her Aunt Randi making cookies~
These two are so cute together. A regular little Thelma and Louise.~
Our Christmas tree and village at home~
V. in her Christmas pj's watching Santa's flight across the world. She couldn't wait for him to get to the United States!~
Making chocolate milk with daddy for Santa~
We got V. a bike for Christmas! We knew her reaction to it could go 2 ways~ She could be all excited or be like,"yay. I got a bike. whoop-dee-doo." Lucky for us, she was excited! First thing she did on Christmas morning was see the empty plate of cookies and empty glass. She knew Santa had been here! Then her eyes moved up into the living room and she exclaimed," A bike!" Went running into the living room to look at it, then saw her stocking from Santa on the couch. Here's a picture {blurry, sorry} of her bike~
V. had seen this little doll at the local bazaar that she fell in love with. I told her to ask Santa for it. And every since our West Yellowstone trip here, she has been wanting a bison. I, again, told her to ask Santa for one.
Santa delivered both and she was thrilled!~
Christmas morning!~
A better photo of her bike~
Unwrapping gifts~
After we did our own Christmas we went to Steve's parents.
Again I tried to take a panoramic~
Steve's 96 year old Grandma opening up a gift~
Steve's Grandma and Dad~
Steve's mom made all the boys these hats with moustaches. We were all laughing so hard!
Steve is in the blue one. Don't they look like the Mario Brothers?~
A couple days after Christmas, Steve's sister Nona showed up with her two little boys. This was our first time meeting baby M. { I don't know what's up with Nona's face here}~
V. loved playing with her aunts~
Aunt Jo painted with the girls~
So there's a recap of our Christmas!
A fun, busy, family filled Holiday Season!
No comments:
Post a Comment