My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Friday, June 15, 2012

First Date

I met Steve on a blind date. The last blind date I swore I would ever do! I was tired of them! Turns out, it WAS the last blind date I would go on. I ended up marrying him!

He was visiting my ward for a friends baby blessing. He saw me, thought me cute. But figured I was out of his league or already taken. {both were not true}. He mentioned to his mom, "That girl up front is kinda cute". She agreed. She than called her husbands cousin who was in my ward and asked who I was, was I dating anyone, etc. This cousin then called me up to see if I was dating anyone and could she give my number to her cousins son? I asked about him. She told me about him. I then asked,"What's wrong with him?" {In my experience, when a guy is over 25 and still single, it's usually for a reason. He was 26} She said,"Nothing! He just hasn't met the right girl yet."
 Riiiiiiiight. Like I hadn't heard that line before!

I told her sure, give him my number. After a few weeks of not hearing anything, I forgot about him.

Turns out the reason he hadn't called was because he was pursuing another woman. Who turned out to be married. As soon as he found out, he quit talking to her and THEN decided to give me a call. {He's going to flip out if he ever finds out I posted online that he was pursuing a married woman.
 "I didn't know!" So he says.{*wink* wink*}

Anyway, he called me up and we set up a date. I was impressed with how easy it was to talk to him on the phone. {I'm not a phone person}

We went to the State Fair for our first date. We both didn't want the other to know we didn't like the scary rides. So, we went on ALL the scary rides. I screamed and laughed like a mad woman on most of them. We then got caught in a downpour.

We went back to his car where he gave me an extra sweater he had to dry off a little. Then off to dinner. On the way we talked. And we didn't talk. But there was no awkward silences. It was all very relaxed and peaceful.
We had dinner then he took me home.
I got home and looked in the mirror and saw that my hair had gone all frizzy weird from the rain. Great!Probably won't get a second date looking like this!

But we did have a second date a week later. After that, we saw each other or talked on the phone every day.

Yesterday was our 9 year wedding anniversary.

So yeah, a good first date!

No comments: