My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

witches, springtime, lawn mowing, ramblings!

*V. lately has been very complimentary towards my cooking. We'll be eating something store bought and she'll say something like,"Your food is way better than this, Mom." Or," I just want your cooking, Mom."
Anyway, it's very sweet of her. And makes me feel good! She also has been eating food she used to not to eat. Well, food she would eat as a baby/toddler then quit eating as a pre-schooler but is now eating again! Yay!
{But she still won't eat potatoes or red meat. She hasn't liked those since she could start eating solid foods.}
*Steve and his brother went to the Super Cross in Salt Lake this last Saturday. They had a lot of fun and had perfect weather! While they were gone V. and I had a fun day! V.'s teacher has been reading her class 'the Twits' by Roald Dahle and she really wanted to buy it. So we went to the bookstore and she used some of her allowance to buy it. Then we went to Winger's for lunch. When the waitress asked if we wanted dessert I was about to say no when V. piped up "yes!" So we had an Asphalt Pie. V. LOVED it! She was like," This is so good  Mom! Why haven't we had this before?" I was like," ummm....Dad and I eat this fairly often. But I guess we've always had it just us." Oops!
Anyway, then V. ran through the sprinkler a little bit. But she got cold within 15 minutes {because come on, it IS Idaho and only April }, so then she got in the tub and had a nice warm bath!
So all in all, a fun day!
*My back has been feeling better so I asked the chiropractor about when he thought I could start running again. He said that honestly he wouldn't recommend running until NEXT summer. What?! I'm pretty upset and disappointed. He said even though my back may feel better and I might feel okay running now, my disks won't be fully healed. And with my vertebrae pounding on each other there would be a good chance of hurting myself again. Possibly even worse than now. So to be safe I need to wait a year to make sure everything is healed fully. Then I can run all I want. Makes sense. But still.... I was contemplating doing a half-marathon this Fall. And I had other goals I wanted to reach this year. And now all those goals are out the window. When I DO start running next year I'll have to start all over with my training. *sigh* And plus, running was such a stress reliever for me. I always felt so much better and happier after a run. Oh well. I guess I need to find other ways to relieve stress and just focus on other goals and staying healthy and getting stronger.
I also asked about mowing the lawn. I usually do that while Steve is at work. I feel bad that Steve and V. have been having to do so much because I can't. Well, Dr. Ellis said sure I can mow the lawn! But I can't start the mower. The whole pull-start thing would not be good for my back. Great! So yes, I can mow the lawn but I still have to wait for Steve to get home to start it for me! Too bad V. isn't big enough to start it for me....
* Today marks my 13th anniversary of being brain tumor free! YAY! You can read more about that here. One of these years maybe I'll talk more about that week and how I felt and all. But not today.
I have MRI's and a doctor check up every 2 years. That is not this year, but next year. Last year though, the doc said everything looked good. So I guess we'll wait and see what he says next year!
* I went to the Temple this morning. I always love going to the Temple. I really love going with Steve, but no where does it say I can't just go by myself once in awhile. I feel uplifted, re-energized, re-focused and peaceful. That's the key word here, peaceful!
* Today is the first of May. And we had snow. It's funny that just a few days ago V. was running through the sprinkler and now we have snow! But what can I say, that's springtime in southeast Idaho for ya!
I also realized today, that being May means school ends this month! When I told V., she got all sad and said she didn't want to school to end because she loves her teacher so much. So cute! You know, I think I would be totally fine with year-round school. And I think V. would be fine as well! Just have 2ish weeks off in the Fall, Christmas, Easter and Summer time. I think it'd be fun!
I also think it'd be cool to go to boarding school! Now, I don't think I could part with V. and send HER to boarding school. But I would LOVE to go to boarding school in England, Switzerland, oh alright I'll say it, " HOGWARTS!" {V. would love to go there as well!}
* Speaking of magic, V. has really been into Harry Potter. However, she watched the 3rd one for the first time the other day and had nightmares and ended up crawling into our bed that night. I warned her it was one of the scarier ones, but she wanted to watch it so I let her.
She has been waving "wands" around and shouting magic spells at everything. Even while we are playing chess{which she is pretty darn good at, I might add} she points her wand at the chess pieces and shouts spells. Interestingly, she likes Ginny more than Hermione. She pretends she is Ginny, wants to be Ginny for Halloween and wants to buy a Ginny Weasly wand. I asked her why she likes her over H. and she said it was because Ginny has brothers. And she wants brothers. Awww!
And I think Ginny is a good role model. {So is Hermione.} So I love that she wants to be like Ginny!
Anyhoo, this has turned into a bunch of rambling. So I'll quit. For today. {this thought jumping around I do has me questioning if they put my brain back in correctly after that surgery 13 years ago...}

No comments: