You remember here I told you that I'd been hired by the school district as a substitute cook. Well, last week was my first day on the job! I got to work at the 2nd and 3rd grade school and loved it!I couldn't get there until an hour late because I had to take V. to school but it worked out! It's small enough that there was only me and the other cook, Amy. Turns out Amy used to be in Steve's family's ward! So anyway, we got along and I really enjoyed working with her.
When it came time to serve I loved seeing the kids from our ward come through and be all surprised to see me there! There were also a few kids that came through that said," I know you! You're V.'s, Mom!" I LOVE being known as V.'s Mom!
In talking to Amy I found out that the other cook there is retiring after this school year. So that means there will be an opening for a full-time cook next year. And this is the school V. will be at for the next 2 years. So maybe I could work out bringing her with me at 7:00 and let her hang out in the kitchen until it's time to go to class. I'd get to see her every day at lunch. I got along great with Amy and I know I'd enjoy working with her. It all just kinda seems like more than coincidence.
I came home and was talking to Steve about it. I'd love to be able to make a little bit of money and contribute a little to our finances and all.
Steve said to do whatever will make me happy.
He then went on to say that it is not my responsibility to provide for the family. That's his responsibility. That if I decide to go back to work to do it because I want to, not because I feel like I need to. We talked some more and talked about that yes, we would love to have more money to play with, to reach our life goals quicker, etc. But at the same time we are both happy and content with how life is right now. I worry if I did go back to work that I'd have less time to help in V.'s classroom and help with PTA stuff and less time to volunteer for things. Which are all things I really enjoying doing. We also talked about how I really can't handle stress too well. And I stress out real easy. I worry if I did go back to work I'd become stressed out with everything going on on my plate. With wanting to still be active at V's school, my church calling, helping family out, etc. And Steve reminded me that I don't have to make a decision about going back to work right now. There's a lot of years ahead of me where I can work if I want to.
So I don't know. On the one hand I almost want to apply for the cook position and give it a try. But on the other hand, I know that I would miss the free time I have now to exercise, get my church callings done, help with family, help at the school,and do my crafting, and do all the other mommy and housewife things I do.
I'm so grateful that Steve is not pushing me one way or the other. He'll support whatever my decision is. I loved when he told me to do what will make me happy.
Anyway, I have alot to think about and pray about. I keep going back and forth with how I feel about this.
When it came time to serve I loved seeing the kids from our ward come through and be all surprised to see me there! There were also a few kids that came through that said," I know you! You're V.'s, Mom!" I LOVE being known as V.'s Mom!
In talking to Amy I found out that the other cook there is retiring after this school year. So that means there will be an opening for a full-time cook next year. And this is the school V. will be at for the next 2 years. So maybe I could work out bringing her with me at 7:00 and let her hang out in the kitchen until it's time to go to class. I'd get to see her every day at lunch. I got along great with Amy and I know I'd enjoy working with her. It all just kinda seems like more than coincidence.
I came home and was talking to Steve about it. I'd love to be able to make a little bit of money and contribute a little to our finances and all.
Steve said to do whatever will make me happy.
He then went on to say that it is not my responsibility to provide for the family. That's his responsibility. That if I decide to go back to work to do it because I want to, not because I feel like I need to. We talked some more and talked about that yes, we would love to have more money to play with, to reach our life goals quicker, etc. But at the same time we are both happy and content with how life is right now. I worry if I did go back to work that I'd have less time to help in V.'s classroom and help with PTA stuff and less time to volunteer for things. Which are all things I really enjoying doing. We also talked about how I really can't handle stress too well. And I stress out real easy. I worry if I did go back to work I'd become stressed out with everything going on on my plate. With wanting to still be active at V's school, my church calling, helping family out, etc. And Steve reminded me that I don't have to make a decision about going back to work right now. There's a lot of years ahead of me where I can work if I want to.
So I don't know. On the one hand I almost want to apply for the cook position and give it a try. But on the other hand, I know that I would miss the free time I have now to exercise, get my church callings done, help with family, help at the school,and do my crafting, and do all the other mommy and housewife things I do.
I'm so grateful that Steve is not pushing me one way or the other. He'll support whatever my decision is. I loved when he told me to do what will make me happy.
Anyway, I have alot to think about and pray about. I keep going back and forth with how I feel about this.
No comments:
Post a Comment