I haven't blogged in a little bit. I had plans to post back-to-school photos, Fall photos etc. But my computer is being dumb and won't upload pictures from my memory cards. Grrr!!!
But I figured I better get back to at least writing on this blog. Hopefully I can figure out how to get some photos on here soon...
2nd Grade started for V. last month. She has a great teacher! She already knew about half the kids in her class which made her comfortable and excited. After a month of school, she is still loving it and comes home everyday eager to talk about her day! She had a bad fall on the gravel at recess one day and when she got home all she had was a band aid on. When I took it off, I saw there was still gravel and dirt in her cut and skin. Steve cleaned it and she cried because it hurt so bad! We were a little worried it might get infected. After 4 days it was still bleeding and not scabbing over. But we kept washing it and putting fresh band aids on and it did finally scab over. Now it looks like a little scar on her knee. It seems like every Fall when V. is back in school it only takes a couple days before she comes home with band aids all over her legs/knees. She just gets running so fast and having fun! I guess it's a sign of childhood to have band aids on your knees all the time, right?
V. already met her goal in the A.R. testing/reading program they do. I'm not too familiar with this. But she said her goal was a 4. She was at 2. 5. Then she read a Magic Treehouse book {a series she is loving right now!}and she said because it was a chapter book it was worth 3 points. So she took her test on it and got her score/points up to 5.5. So she says that means she gets to eat lunch with her teacher for meeting her goal! { I love that kids love the reward of eating lunch with their teacher!} Anyway, we are out for Harvest break right now, so she will get her reward when school starts back up.
Steve has been hunting this month and he shot a bull elk with his bow 2 weeks ago. He was by himself and it was back in aways, so it took him about 9 hours to cut it up, skin it and pack it out. We decided to get all but the backstrap in ground meat. We picked up the meat from the processor the other day and it feels so good knowing/seeing our freezer full of fresh, lean meat!
Steve's brother, Mike is staying with us this week and Steve has the week off work. The 2 of them have been out hunting trying to get Mike an elk. Tuesday they took V. with them and she was thrilled and had the time of her life! They got into some elk. Steve stayed with V. in the truck where they watched the elk through the spotting scope. Mike was creeping up on the herd when a truck went by and spooked them all. SO he didn't get any, but like I said, V. had the time of her life. She loved that she got to ride in the back of the pick up {with Mike} as well. That's just part of growing up in Idaho!
Yesterday Steve and Mike went out again and found the herd of elk again. They crept up and Mike took a shot but the wind caught his arrow. SO he missed. And the elk were spooked and took off. Oh well, they have a few more days before Mike goes home to try to get him an elk.
Oh, so much more to talk about, but I feel like I'm just rambling on....
Next week is also Harvest Break and we have a fun event that week that I'll post about later! :)
But I figured I better get back to at least writing on this blog. Hopefully I can figure out how to get some photos on here soon...
2nd Grade started for V. last month. She has a great teacher! She already knew about half the kids in her class which made her comfortable and excited. After a month of school, she is still loving it and comes home everyday eager to talk about her day! She had a bad fall on the gravel at recess one day and when she got home all she had was a band aid on. When I took it off, I saw there was still gravel and dirt in her cut and skin. Steve cleaned it and she cried because it hurt so bad! We were a little worried it might get infected. After 4 days it was still bleeding and not scabbing over. But we kept washing it and putting fresh band aids on and it did finally scab over. Now it looks like a little scar on her knee. It seems like every Fall when V. is back in school it only takes a couple days before she comes home with band aids all over her legs/knees. She just gets running so fast and having fun! I guess it's a sign of childhood to have band aids on your knees all the time, right?
V. already met her goal in the A.R. testing/reading program they do. I'm not too familiar with this. But she said her goal was a 4. She was at 2. 5. Then she read a Magic Treehouse book {a series she is loving right now!}and she said because it was a chapter book it was worth 3 points. So she took her test on it and got her score/points up to 5.5. So she says that means she gets to eat lunch with her teacher for meeting her goal! { I love that kids love the reward of eating lunch with their teacher!} Anyway, we are out for Harvest break right now, so she will get her reward when school starts back up.
Steve has been hunting this month and he shot a bull elk with his bow 2 weeks ago. He was by himself and it was back in aways, so it took him about 9 hours to cut it up, skin it and pack it out. We decided to get all but the backstrap in ground meat. We picked up the meat from the processor the other day and it feels so good knowing/seeing our freezer full of fresh, lean meat!
Steve's brother, Mike is staying with us this week and Steve has the week off work. The 2 of them have been out hunting trying to get Mike an elk. Tuesday they took V. with them and she was thrilled and had the time of her life! They got into some elk. Steve stayed with V. in the truck where they watched the elk through the spotting scope. Mike was creeping up on the herd when a truck went by and spooked them all. SO he didn't get any, but like I said, V. had the time of her life. She loved that she got to ride in the back of the pick up {with Mike} as well. That's just part of growing up in Idaho!
Yesterday Steve and Mike went out again and found the herd of elk again. They crept up and Mike took a shot but the wind caught his arrow. SO he missed. And the elk were spooked and took off. Oh well, they have a few more days before Mike goes home to try to get him an elk.
Oh, so much more to talk about, but I feel like I'm just rambling on....
Next week is also Harvest Break and we have a fun event that week that I'll post about later! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment