Now, I don't have O.C.D. too bad. In fact, my house looks like something far from an O.C.D. person living there! But a couple of years ago I finally realized that I am, in fact, a little Obsessive Compulsive. In small ways.
I finally understand why I have the need to only push the volume button on the remote an even number of times. I can't let the volume be at an odd number, I start to get antsy.
I've ALWAYS separated my Skittles and M&M's into little piles by color. Then I make sure each color pile has the same number of candys in it as the other piles do. If It's off, I eat the candy until the piles are all equal.
I drive Steve crazy with my talk of budgeting our bills so that the same amount of money comes out of each paycheck and goes towards bills. BTW, Steve is switching companies at the INL. He told me just yesterday that starting in October he will get paid weekly, not bi-weekly. I said, okay, once we know what each weekly paycheck will be, I'll figure which bills come out of each. Not so. I made it about 2 hours after he told me that, than I went and drew up a budget so that the same amount of money will go towards bills each paycheck.
I once tried to do the whole plan-a-months-worth-of-meals thing. Hoping it would help with my stress level and with my grocery shopping. I knew going into it that things will change, and that's okay. I don't HAVE to make the meal that I originally planned out. It's okay to do something different. This lasted a whole month and a half. I was getting too stressed with the fact that things weren't going the way I had written them out and stressing over the meals. Steve was like," What does it matter? Just make something else?" I was like," I can't! I HAVE to make what's written down!"
So yeah, that whole idea went out the door. To stressful!
I have just recently started letting V. help me put her laundry away. I WANT her to do this. I don't want her to be a teenager and have me still folding and putting away her clothes. It's one of life's skills that needs to be learned so you're ready for the world on your own when you leave. I get kinda....nervous I guess is the feeling, watching her just roll her clothes up and throw them in her drawers. That's not how I would it! {Confession~ sometimes I go thru her drawers when she's not looking and refold her laundry and put all the socks together, all the undies together. The jeans in one pile, shorts in another. 2-piece jammies in the back of the drawer and nightgowns in the front.}
But, I figure I'm making progress in letting her help me with the laundry. It's one small step. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to contain myself and not go thru her drawers at all fixing things!
Anyway, there are many more small ways in which I'm a little O.C.D. And if things don't go the way I want or plan, I start to get all anxious and panicky!
So, the whole point of this post was to mention how I think V. has inherited this trait. I came into the kitchen and saw this on my table~
She had separated the pumpkins from the corn. At least the corn is all together and not separated by color as well.
*Sigh*
The weird little quirks we pass on to our children....
{Second confession~ I have her closet organized by long sleeves vs. short sleeves, then color organized. And the sweaters are separate from the long sleeves. The skirts separate from the dresses, etc. It never ends...}
4 comments:
he he, I'm the same way. But with 5 kids, going through their drawers can get very overwhelming! I sometimes find myself getting over anxious about all the things that aren't organized and I have to do a lot of talking to myself to calm down, because frankly, it's not possible to keep it up anymore :). Little by little, I'm learning to relax.
I do a lot of the same things. Everything has to be done evenly, grouped by color, even numbers or multiples of five. I organize the girls closet the same way: by color, separating short and long sleeves, skirts from the dresses and so on.
That's how I organize our closets my brother in law teases me endlessly about it. But it just makes more sense to do it that way.
Ha! I love it! You sound just like me!! It just makes us more interesting though, right? lol
Post a Comment