My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Saturday, July 18, 2009

movie and dinner

So Steve had yesterday off. In the morning he had a company golf tournament. He had a lot of fun! His team tied for second, and he feels like he played a good game.
After lunch, V.'s grandma and grandpa Hammond picked her up for the rest of the day. They went in to visit her Great-Grandma Hammond, then they took her to the store. Grandma told me later that when they got to the store, she put V. up in the cart and V said,"My Mother doesn't put me in the cart." "Well, "said Grandma," I do." So she said V. was a good girl and they bought her a big pink bouncy ball, then went back to their place where she spent the rest of the time jumping on the tramp, running thru the sprinklers, and playing with her cousin. They also gave her ice cream, which she loved! {I try not to have too many sweets at our house, so she loves going to her grandparents where she can get all sugared up!}
While V. was at her grandparents, Steve and I went to the matinee of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. We both really liked it. I was so excited to go! Of course, I didn't like how they changed some scenes, and added others. And I don't know why they changed the end the way they did. There was a lot more action in the book! But overall, I loved it!
Then we walked over to Sportsmans Warehouse so Steve could get some arrow tips. Then we walked over to Johnny Carinos for dinner. Steve's mom happened to give us a gift card for there a while ago. So we ended up only spending $8 total out of pocket for dinner. Not too shabby!
Then we went and picked up V. and on the way home she told me she had been a good girl like I told her to be.:) I put her in the tub and got her to bed. By that time Steve had fallen asleep with his glasses on,{He's not as young as he used to be;)}
It had been a fun day! I loved going out with Steve, just us. Now that V. is a little older, I'm more comfortable leaving her with family, I know she's old enough to tell people what she wants. When she was a baby, I was always worried that if she started crying people wouldn't know what was wrong. I love doing things as a family, but it's nice sometimes to be just a couple again.
Anyway, this post has turned into a novel! I better stop before I think of more to add!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I TOTALLY understand the need for just the couple stuff! I love doing stuff witht the girls and we rarely go anywhere without them but sometimes it's just so fun to be just the two of you... Congrats on 2nd place Scuba - who took first?

periwinkle4 said...

Sounds like a great date! We're planning something similar for our anniversary coming up. I miss being closer to family!

Karen said...

Can't wait to go see Harry Potter...How fun for you and Steve. Brad said Steve played a great game of golf!