I have a secret...I started listening to Christmas music two weeks ago. Don't judge me! I don't listen to all kinds of Christmas music. But some artists have such beautiful voices that I wanted to listen to them. I listen to classical music all the time. Because it is beautiful and uplifting.
And if you think about it, some Christmas songs aren't even about Christmas or winter. They are about Jesus Christ. We sing songs in church about Jesus Christ every Sunday. Take 'O Holy Night' for example, it's a gorgeous song about Christ's birth. Nothing about snow or Santa or anything like that. And I think it is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Who made it a Christmas song that we can only listen to once a year?
So, I don't think I'll say I've started listening to Christmas music. Rather, I'm listening to uplifting music, and beautiful music about my Savior.
My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Looks like you & Justin share a same guilty pleasure! I think that's because you both know good music. I catch him listening to Christams music all the time too.
Good for you Mary! Why shouldn't you listen to it? I mean people listen to music they like all the time, if that is what you like and chose to listen to, then listen away!!! Besides the spirit of Christmas should be with us all year anyway! Right? That is what I always thought.
P.S. It was soo nice talking with you today.
Way to break the mold! I know I could always use a little Christmas Spirit more often.
I agree - I sang frosty the snowman with my girls just last week - (don't tell Nick!!) I don't know how, but I felt less hot. :) I think it is a perfectly acceptable practice. :) Especially if it makes you feel so good.
I made up a song for my Ryan who was always asking about Christmas - Ryan likes to think about "ho ho ho"
About Santa in the Summer,
'Bout Hats and Snow
Ryan likes to think about "ho ho ho"
All year long -
That's why we're singin' this song.
Seriously, the kid would wear his Santa hat all the time.
That being said, back to your songs about you know, the real reason for Christmas. . . I put the first CD from the Childrens' Song Book on all the time and the last set of songs on there are "Christmas" songs. You're so right. I love them. You're not alone!
I love Christmas songs and there is no shame in listening to them any time!
And btw-Your little girl V is so gorgeous!
Mary
You make me laugh!! I wish someone wouldn't have made some of those song Christmas either....because no matter how hard I try whenever I hear them I can't help but thing of Christmas....snow....fireplaces....
Christmas trees! I am glad that someone can enjoy them for me though!
Post a Comment