My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Our trip to Jackson Hole

So, last week, Steve decided to take Friday off. Just cause. So I suggested we take a little day trip. Like to a museum, zoo, that kind of thing. A couple days later, Steve tells me he found a nice little cabin in Jackson Hole. Let's do an overnighter! So that's what we did! We had soo much fun! The cabin we had was a small one with queen bunks. We thought V. would have fun with the bunks. And we didn't mind how small the cabin was. For just the three of us it was perfect!!
However, when we first checked in, it was late at night, we had to wait until after V.'s swim lessons before we could take off. SO anyways, we got there late, checked in, and went to check out our cabin. We walk in and think, oh how fun! I walked into the bathroom and saw a HUGE hobo spider in the sink! I came out and told Steve to check out the bathroom sink. You know, code talk to go in there but not let V. know what's in there! So he kills the spider, and we go back to the front desk and ask for another cabin. I know spiders are everywhere, but when you find one in your bathroom sink, it kinda makes you not want to stay there, you know?
So we check into another cabin, the bunks that we thought V. would love, she didn't. It's a good thing they were queen sized! We squished all three of us on the bottom bunk! Nice and cozy!!
So here's a picture of our cabin. It was really fun staying there!

The next morning, I got up and went to the fitness center. Steve asked why I'm working out while on vacation. Because I'm training for a race next month! I can't skip a day of training or I won't make it! {And truthfully, working out is a great way to start the day!} When I got back, V, was all dressed and ready to get going! Steve was still in bed, shocker! V. had got herself dressed and brushed her teeth all by herself! She couldn't wait until Dad and Mom were ready to go! We took a drive to the Elk refuge and saw some elk, big horn sheep, deer, bison. Alot of fun. Then we went back to our cabin, and they told us we could check out at a later time so we would have time to swim in the pool!
We had the whole pool to ourselves! Which was nice! We played in the pool for almost 2 hours. So much fun!



After swimming, we walked around Jackson Hole and visited some shops and such....
V. and a bear!!

Family photo! It's kind of dark, but the other one we took was all washed out.

V. and I.... and an elk. { I look skinny in this pic!}
****Update****
A friend pointed out to me that this is NOT an elk, but a MOOSE. WOW! You can tell I really don't know anything about animals and hunting, and such. V. schools me all the time by correcting me if I say something is the wrong animal, she also will sit there and look through Steve's hunting magazines and point out all the animals, or explain to me that "these here are called rattlers. You use them to make noise like antlers and it gets the deer to come over". I had no idea that's what they were called. I'm glad she's into this stuff so she and Steve have something to bond over. It's all over my head!!

At the visitors center they have like, a little museum. Part of which was a touch and feel section. V. was being a goober and put one of the horns they have there on her head. So silly!

3 comments:

aabrownfamily said...

WHat a fun little vacation. Aaron and I have been wanting to do that very thing, we just haven't done it yet. Oh, and yuck to the hobo spider.

Danica said...

Hey, you and V. under the "elk" looks a lot like a moose!! haha. Glad you guys had fun. We need a little vaca as well.

periwinkle4 said...

How fun! You're so cute and you have such a great family! V. is such a doll! And good job working out even on vacation!