I'm sorry about not blogging for a few days and leaving you all hanging! I have been soo busy the last couple of days! My sister went into pre-term labor and I had her 3 year old with us for the last few days! My sister is home now, they were able to stop the labor. She will be 34 weeks along this Tuesday. So the baby should be fine when it comes, they know she will be coming soon, but it's still nerve racking! My uncle passed away and we had his funeral yesterday that I was singing at. Cleaning my house and getting beds made up for family that stayed with us{tons of fun too, I might add!}
And of course I've been busy baking desserts for Easter dinners that we've been to.
So that's my excuse for not blogging these last few days!
No, I did not make V.'s Easter dress in the last post. She helped me pick it out online. It was on sale and I had a coupon I used as well for it. Even after paying shipping, it cost the same as a Wal-mart dress would have. We got it at The Children's Place. I LOVE shopping there! Unfortunately, we don't have one close by. So I shop alot online!
I just had my 5th miscarriage. I had some blood work done and we found out I have MTHFR. A blood clotting disorder. My doctor said this disorder is one of the 2 main reasons women in this area miscarry. I can treat it with Heparin, or a daily combination of extra calcium, folic acid, vitamins b-6 and b-12, and a baby aspirin. I have opted to take the supplements and want to see if I can have a baby full term w/o taking the Heparin. Many women take Heparin while pregnant, it doesn't affect the baby. But those of you who know me, know I believe in taking as little medication as possible, especially when pregnant. If I continue to miscarry, I will go on Heparin, but I'd like to try this option first. Even w/ treating this disorder, I can still lose a baby at any point in pregnancy. All it takes is one teeny, tiny blood clot to terminate a pregnancy. And, of course, there may be other things contributing to the miscarriages. But I am hoping my chances of having a baby are better now!
Steve's sisters invited me on a girls only weekend down in Mesa, where his sister lives. It was so nice! I wasn't ready to come home yet, I just wished Steve and V. were there with me! The weather was perfect! We spent alot of times outdoors bike riding,gabbing on the patio, or jogging and such. Speaking of which, one of my goals when I started the year was to train for a 5k. I can now jog 4 miles! And I'm training for a 10k now! It's such a good feeling to accomplish a goal! Plus, I'm just a pound away for a 20 pound weight lose total! YAY! Only about 20 pounds to go to reach my goal, which is to be at a healthy weight!
Oh there is so much more to update you all on. But I think this is good enough for now!
My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry about the miscarriage! It breaks my heart. I am glad, however, that you have something to go on. It is always nice to have an extra measure of hope - I will be praying that the supplements will work. That V is so adorable that you need a dozen more!! Congrats on the wieghtloss and the running!! I walked on air for weeks after running my first half-marathon. There is something so great about reaching a goal. Keep up the updates and the good work!
I am glad that you found out what you can do to maybe help you to stay pregnant. I can't even imagine how heart breaking that would be. We are looking forward to seeing you two tommorrow!
I'll be praying for you that the suppliments work! I'm with you, I try to avoid the harsher stuff first if at all possible. My husband doesn't understand why I just don't grab some sort medication when I have a headache or something :)
Post a Comment