My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer toes and a new tradition!

At the start of summer,I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun for V. and I to do something together to celebrate the start of summer?". So I thought, why not get our toes all prettied up for the summer? I thought she was old enough to take her to the spa and get a mother/daughter pedicure. {She actually just got her nails painted while I got a mini pedi}. When I mentioned this idea to Steve he thought it was great! "Maybe you won't be at each others throats for a change!" he said. You see, V. and I are soooo much alike. Some days we mesh together real well because of that. Other days....we butt heads so bad! Because we are so much alike, we are both stubborn, spoiled and want our own ways!
Anyway, we had a lot of fun going to the spa! This is V. with her baby doll as we waited for the fun to begin!

First, V. had a nail polish change on her fingers. She picked the color herself. Blue, of course. And she liked that it was from the 'Shrek' line of colors.

Then the toes...

Pretty toes!!

We will definitely be making this a tradition to the start of our summer every year!

2 comments:

Sharie said...

How cute. I've actually been thinking about doing the same thing with my 4 yr old. I've actually never had a pedi before and the only time I've had my nails done was for my wedding 12+ years ago. But I think it would be fun to do with my daughter :).

Stephanie said...

What a great tradition!