My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Family reunion

Well, a couple of weeks ago we headed down to Provo to my family reunion. It was alot of fun! In the morning Steve and I golfed with my brother and cousin, while V. stayed at my brothers house and played with her cousins. Then we all headed up to Hobble Creek for the main part of the reunion. Food, games, hiking, etc. My dad was in charge this year, I talked him into doing a fundraiser for future reunions. So, I ended up being in charge{but Karla helped alot, thank goodness!} This was the first year doing something like this, so I knew alot of people wouldn't really know what to expect.We did a silent auction and raffle. A few people brought items to donate for the auction and raffle, I'm so glad they did! I made a bunch of stuff to donate as did Karla because we knew most people wouldn't really know what to bring. Well, now they know! Hopefully if we do this at the next reunion, more people will participate! Anyway, you can see some of the items I made to donate here.
Here we are in the car getting ready to take off to Provo!

We had a pie eating contest. My dad competed against his brothers and brother-in-law {the brother-in-law won}. My brothers and sister-in-law competed in our age group{my cousin won} V. participated in the young kids group{again, a cousin won}. Steve got some video of it, but for some reason I can't get the video to upload to the computer, grrr! Anyway, she had fun, you weren't supposed to use your hands or anything, but V. did anyway. All of the kids won a prize for participating.

Thru out the entire reunion there was a squirt gun fight going on. V. loved squirting everyone and getting wet herself. At one point, she lay down on the ground like a sniper and was getting some good shots in!

V. fell asleep instantly in the car and slept most of the drive home.Such an angel! She had a fun, exciting weekend!

No comments: