My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dinseyland~ Day 1, May 24th


So we took a trip to California!
We were all so excited to go! Prepare yourselves for a photo overload!
{Steve took alot of these so they are mainly pics. of V. and I}
The first morning of our trip we had a 'Magic Morning' pass for all three of us.
That meant we were able to get into the park an hour before it regularly opens.
V. was so excited to go thru the gates! She was up at 4:45 that morning.
I told her to go back to sleep, so she would be ready to have a fun day at the park. But I heard her at 5:30 getting dressed and brushing her teeth. When I finally woke up, at about 6:30 she was all ready to go waiting for us to get up!
Right when you enter thru the gates you see this big Mickey Mouse head made out of flowers.
Then we went to City Hall and got buttons for Steve and V. that said, 1st time visit.
Then Steve told the lady it was my birthday, so I got a button that said Happy Birthday, Mary. 
V. and I in front of 'Sleeping Beauty's Castle'.
We walked thru the castle. They had little scenes and such that told the story of Sleeping Beauty.
This was my 3rd time at the park, but my first time going thru the castle.
Steve and V on King Arthur's Carousal.
Trying to pull the Sword out of the Stone.
We hung out around Town Square alot this first day. There were many characters that came out so you could get their picture and autograph. Since V really wanted to meet characters, we decided we would focus on that and not on riding tons of rides.
This next photo was over at Disney California Adventure Land.
We didn't hang out there a whole lot...
Back at Disneyland, we took a ride in an old Firetruck. The guy driving it said that Mr. Walt Disney, HIMSELF! used to drive this firetruck around the park!
{V. is busy sucking down her drink. She was so thirsty!}
Steve said my bag was like Mary Poppins bag. I had everything you could think of in it. Here I am digging around in it, up to my elbow, looking for something.
We had reservations to eat at Ariel's Grotto for lunch. {That was located at California Adventure Land}
We chose to have lunch here because there was going to be Princesses there.

We saw Ariel right off the bat.

Then we sat down to eat and other Princesses were going to come around to the tables.
V. was so excited to see the Princesses!
Snow White came out first.
Then V. couldn't believe Sleeping Beauty was coming out next!
She was so funny, she hardly ate because she was so excited to meet the Princesses.
I think this is so precious!
Whenever it was our turn to have a Princess come to our table, V. would grab her napkin and wipe her face, then ask me if she looked clean.
She wanted to look good to meet her Princesses.
And you know, if I was meeting a celebrity that I loved, I would want to make sure I had a  clean face too!
This was perfect for V! She was in heaven meeting her favorite Princesses.
And the food was really yummy as well!
After lunch we walked around some more and got a pic in a 'toybox'.
V. was playing with bubbles here.
Then we went back to Disneyland and took the train ride around the park.
We met Mickey earlier{right when we first entered the park!}, but we ran into him again.
We had been trying to meet Goofy all morning. But he was leaving every time we saw him.
Goofy is V.'s favorite! We finally got to meet him in the afternoon!
We tried to catch Mary Poppins as well. I couldn't believe it when I a saw her across the street! I didn't know she'd be there! We went up to where she was and heard her telling everyone she had to leave. Then She looked at me and said 'Happy Birthday'! Sweet!
Cinderella and Goofy also wished me a happy birthday during the day.
V was asleep by 6:30 because she had gotten up so early. But Steve ran to Albertsons and bought a cake for us to have back in the hotel room.
A very fun first day on our trip!
And a happy birthday as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So fun! We are planning on doing this next year it makes me so excited to see all your pics. I think it is so cute that she had to be all clean for her princesses. So fun!