My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Camping

This weekend we went camping as a family. We went to McTucker, by Springfield. We had a very quiet campsite, and enjoyed some fishing. V. had fun playing in the rocks! Me and V.
I've gone fishing before. But I've either caught nothing, or just suckers. Friday night I caught my first brown trout! I was so excited! I don't eat fish, but I enjoy fishing. I find it very relaxing. So Steve cooked my fish up and ate it that night.
I look silly in this picture because the fish started flopping around and I couldn't believe I was holding a flopping fish!

V. roasting a marshmallow. She doesn't actually like eating them roasted. So she stands quite a bit away from the fire and then eats them cold!


Steve and V. by the fire, eating marshmallows!






Isn't she a doll?





5 comments:

Cristy said...

Oh, Camping! I really want to go this year, but I think it will have to wait until next year.

Danica said...

That's a pretty good brown. You must have some luck with you because I go fishing alot and I have only caught 3 browns in my whole life. Good job M. You coming to the games tonight?

Jenna said...

Fun! How you keep her so clean while camping, I will never know. :)

Hailey said...

How much of fun!! You guys are such a cute little family!

Mel said...

I love camping with kids. V. reminds me of J-Man with the marshmallows. He doesn't want to get too close either.