My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Friday, August 21, 2009

First milestone

YAY! I've reached my first milestone in my weight lose. Ten pounds gone! Bye! See ya! You won't be coming back! Now, just 27 to go...
Tomorrow I'm heading to Ashton to walk/jog a 5k. I can only run, like 1/2 a mile, but I thought tomorrow I'll try the best I can and walk the rest. It's a start, right? My mother-in-law is walking the 5k and my sister-in-law is doing the Mesa Falls marathon. So we are all going together, and Steve and V. are coming as well. I have done many 5k walks and enjoy them. I'm doing one in Boise next month. So I thought, "Why not try to run that one?" So tomorrow I thought I'd see how well I can do with the jogging and walking. And I'll start running at the gym I think, to get ready for the one next month. Hopefully I'll be able to run that one completely. Anyhoo, I'm excited to have lost ten pounds and I think it's time to buy a new pair of jeans! I've been having to hitch these up lately...

8 comments:

Mel said...

Good for You! It takes a lot of dedication and self control. Something I don't quite have. So keep it up and good luck with the next milestone.

aabrownfamily said...

congrats! That's awsome. I love seeing the scale drop. I'm happy for you.

Stephanie said...

Good for you! You are doing better than me! I can't seem to commit! Congrats though! Keep up the good work it's always such a pay off to see those numbers keep going down!

Unknown said...

Way to go, Mary! I'm impressed. Good luck running tomorrow!

Becki said...

Good job Mary!! And just a word of advice on the running. Take it slow and gradually work your way up or you can hurt yourself. I learned this from experience!! lol You can easily get stress fractures when your bones are not used to it. Ouch! I have a couch to 5k program, but it is a 12 week program. You could probably easily start on the 3rd or 4th week though if you are already somewhat in shape. Good luck!!

Jenna said...

That is SO GREAT!!! Good job. It's always wonderful to have an excuse to go shopping. :) How did the race go? My lil sister was running the half up there. Next summer in June, I plan on running the teton dam half again- want to come along? It's my get back in shape after this baby plan. I can't wait to see the pics from the race!

Cristy said...

Congratulations, that is wonderful Mary! Way to go, and good luck with the run. You are soo ambitious!!! Yay!!

Hailey said...

I have noticed you are getting skinny!! Good job mary, it takes a lot of hard work! Good luck on your 5k!!