Today is our 10 year anniversary. Wow! A decade of life together in wedded bliss!
You can read here , here and here, and also here, {whew!} to see weddings pics, read all my sappy stories, etc. that I've posted on anniversaries past. This year, I thought I'd try to show some pictures of us through the years. Unfortunately, when we were dating and the first few years of marriage we didn't have a digital camera. We didn't get one until after V. was born. We also didn't get a computer until after she was born. So I don't have any of those older photos uploaded to our computer. They are in photo albums on the shelf. And we also weren't very good at taking photos of just US until the last couple of years. So here' s few photos, mostly family, of us over the past 10 years.
{If you want to see our photo albums, you are more than welcome to come over any day and thumb through them!}
2003.Our wedding day! We look so young!
Then we jump to 3 years later{2006} after we got our digital camera and computer and started storing pics on it! We still look so young and V. was so cute and chubby!{ Steve was going through a grow-his-hair-out phase. He's gone through a couple of those...}
Then 2007 rolls on in. This was 4th of July at the park and Zoo.{Steve's hair is short again. YAY!!!}
2008. Nauvoo Temple. Steve was working in St. Louis for a couple of months and V. and I went and stayed 2 weeks with him during Thanksgiving. We took the opportunity to drive up to Nauvoo and see some L.D.S. Church History Sites. It was awesome!
.
2009. Our first professional pictures done as a family. These were taken by our good friend Danica.
And she took a photo of just us as a couple!
Wow. 2010. V. took this photo of us on the North Pole Express ride we do every Christmas time. You can tell we are looking tired from the fun-filled day! {I could've swore we had nice family pictures done this year but I can't seem to find them. This was all I could find!}
2011. Our trip to Jackson Hole. We love going every Autumn and had such fun this year!
2012. We took these photos ourselves. We did the whole put-the-timer-on-the-camera-then-run-like-crazy-to-jump-in-the-photo! Not too shabby.
V. actually took this one of us. She has some talent!
I don't have any pictures of us from this year uploaded yet. So that's it for now.
As I look back over these 10 years I see downs, mainly ups; trials but countless, countless blessings; heartache but also extreme joy. I feel very blessed for all the memories we've made. Our love has changed over the last 10 years. Living life together, growing and changing together, experiencing hardships and good times together has made our love stronger and deeper.
Steve is my best friend. My confidant. My "woobie" {extra points if you can name the movie!}
He is my constant. He is my safe place.
I can't wait to see what the years ahead have in store for us. We have achieved many dreams and goals together but still have many more to reach and make happen. I can't imagine anyone I'd rather continue this journey with than with Steve.
Love ya lotsa hotsa!
*******Update******After reading this to Steve he says I make it sound like we've had a rocky marriage. What I mean when I talk about the downs, the trials, the heartache and such, is life. Not our marriage. I mean the things we go through that's just a part of life. Financial struggles, family struggles, miscarriages, health, so on and so forth. Through it all we've grown stronger together and our love has grown. Our trials help us grow. I'm just glad I have someone to grow with!


No comments:
Post a Comment