*So...after I had worked at the school the other day {um..week} I was trying to decide if I should apply to be a full time cook. I was weighing all the pros and cons. Talked with Steve about it. Prayed. Then, the following week, V. got sick. She had a bronchial infection. She was home from school for 2 days. That was my answer. If I go back to work, I'd have to worry about finding a sub for me on days that V. was sick. I don't want anything to get in the way of my first job and priority; being a mother.
So there you go. For right now, I'm just going to continue with my little crafting business and cook subbing. And as Steve reminded me, I have plenty of years ahead of me. This isn't permanent. I can always go back to work full~time some other time. Right now, I need to be available 100% for my girl.
And yes, I realize how incredibly blessed I am that I have the freedom and the ability to make this choice. I know a lot of moms who would love to stay at home with their children, but financially can't. I am very grateful that I can stay at home!
*On the last day of school I picked V. up and she was in tears. She was sobbing in the car the whole way home! I asked her what was wrong and she said she was so sad because she is really going to miss her teacher. That's the sign of a great school and a great teacher who really loves her class! V. has loved this school! And her teacher was fantastic! I'm sad she won't be V.'s teacher anymore as well! I hope next year her school is just as good and that she has another great teacher!
~To clarify things, yes V. will be in a new school next year. No, we are not moving. In our school district they have only 1 or 2 grades at each school. Until Junior High and High School. At first I thought this was all confusing and was like "what?" But when V. started Kindergarten it was actually very comforting knowing she was at a school with only Kindergartners and 1st graders. No older kids bullying younger ones. No influence from older kids. No being exposed to things that a child this age is to young to be exposed to. So anyway, we are done now with this school and she will be at a new school for 2nd and 3rd grade and then move on to another school after that!
So there you go. For right now, I'm just going to continue with my little crafting business and cook subbing. And as Steve reminded me, I have plenty of years ahead of me. This isn't permanent. I can always go back to work full~time some other time. Right now, I need to be available 100% for my girl.
And yes, I realize how incredibly blessed I am that I have the freedom and the ability to make this choice. I know a lot of moms who would love to stay at home with their children, but financially can't. I am very grateful that I can stay at home!
*On the last day of school I picked V. up and she was in tears. She was sobbing in the car the whole way home! I asked her what was wrong and she said she was so sad because she is really going to miss her teacher. That's the sign of a great school and a great teacher who really loves her class! V. has loved this school! And her teacher was fantastic! I'm sad she won't be V.'s teacher anymore as well! I hope next year her school is just as good and that she has another great teacher!
~To clarify things, yes V. will be in a new school next year. No, we are not moving. In our school district they have only 1 or 2 grades at each school. Until Junior High and High School. At first I thought this was all confusing and was like "what?" But when V. started Kindergarten it was actually very comforting knowing she was at a school with only Kindergartners and 1st graders. No older kids bullying younger ones. No influence from older kids. No being exposed to things that a child this age is to young to be exposed to. So anyway, we are done now with this school and she will be at a new school for 2nd and 3rd grade and then move on to another school after that!
1 comment:
I agree, Mary, that's the dilemma Steph has always faced. She'd enjoy working and most of the time it could be great, but we'd lose so much flexibility as a family to handle family emergencies (or to handle family vacations, as right now we only have to work around my schedule, which is pretty flexible). So she'll probably work someday, but right now she doesn't want to give up the flexibility she has to do things for the home and kids that she wants to.
Post a Comment