My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Break Day 3

Since Steve had fallen asleep at like 5:00 the night before, he woke up around 3:00 am and made himself a sandwich then got into bed with me to watch t.v. I vaguely woke up, then went back to sleep. But then around 4:00ish I woke again. Steve turned the t.v. off and snuggled down into the bedclothes with me. We lay facing each other snuggling. {And no, that is not code for anything!} We just talked and talked until about 6:00. Then Steve got up and dressed and went out to the desert to do some glassing {look for deer and elk}. I didn't fall back asleep so I got up and had a nice, long, bubble bath!
 After V. finally woke up I made her breakfast and we just hung out. Then Steve called and said it was such a nice day did I want to call my Dad and see if he wanted to go shooting? My parents both bought pistols a few months ago and we kept saying we'd take them shooting but either the weather was crappy or our schedules were busy. Dad was excited to go. So after Steve got home we ran to the grocery store then out to pick up Dad. Steve took us out to the desert where there is a shooting range and we spent maybe 2 hours shooting. Dad hasn't shot a gun for quite a few years and I think he enjoyed himself! This was V.'s first time shooting and she did great! There was a glass bottle a couple of us tried to shoot and kept missing. She got it on her second try! Even though Steve has said he would take me shooting we never have gotten around to it. He had shown me how to load and hold his gun. But I have never actually shot it. So this was my first time as well and I loved it! I shot his pistol, .22 and shotgun. {I also got a little sun burnt. But no one else did. I'm just the fairest one in the family!}
After that we took Dad home and came home to have a late lunch. Then Steve and V. went fishing. While they were gone I took a nap, did laundry and went to the gym. Yay me!
They had a lot of fun even though they didn't catch anything. They stopped to help someone who was stuck in the mud, rode the 4 wheeler and V. got stung by a bee. It had crawled up her pants leg and when she went to scratch it stung her. Steve said she cried a little but was pretty brave about it. They came home happy and overflowing with excitement to tell me all about everything they had done!
We had dinner then to bed. V. fell asleep quickly, she was so tuckered out!

No comments: