*Last night when Steve got home from work he came into the kitchen where I was preparing dinner and put his arms around me and kissed me and told me I was beautiful. Awww! I love how even though I've gotten fat and older he still compliments me and finds me beautiful! He also said he thought my hair looked real pretty {I hadn't washed it since the day before and had been to the gym so it was sweaty. But I DID curl it!}
The other night he said he loved how my skin smells. I was like, " hmm.....What does my skin smell like?" He said it smelled like I'd just washed with good smelling soap. .....So I guess my skin smells clean. That's good to know.
Anyhoo, I just love how he makes me feel good about myself and lets me know he loves me!
*Last night Steve also told me that if I end up having back surgery he'll be p.o.ed big time. At ME! He said I'll have brought it on myself.
He said all this after finding out I had vacuumed the house that day. As well as carried in groceries the other day. Etc, etc...
I told him how frustrating it is to sit around all day doing nothing and waiting for him and V. to get home and do my job for me. I mean, I'm a stay at home housewife and mother. It's my role, my job to take care of the house and everything. Then to be told that I can't do those things for a few months because of my stupid back is just..... I feel useless. Lazy. Frustrated. Anxious. Everything! I know I need to follow these restrictions so my back can heal. Steve said I need to let him and V. do those things for me. He says not to feel guilty asking for help. They WANT to help me out. I guess I'm just being too prideful...
I've also gained some weight. And all I can do is walk. A little of the elliptical. And I've been trying to eat better. But the weight just keeps going up. I can't wait till I can start jogging again. More frustrations....
*Tonight is Relief Society night . I'm so stressed. I always stress the day of R.S. night. I hate being in charge of things.{Yet I really am loving this calling! } And tonight we've invited the husbands AND the 3rd Ward to come as well. AND I'm singing. Stress, stress, stress. I just hope it all goes well, that people come away feeling uplifted and encouraged, and that I don't mess up this song. I don't have the melody written out. All I have are lyrics and a recording. So I've been listening to the recording over and over trying to get the melody stuck in my head! It's a very simple but lovely song.With a great message. Written by a girl I went to school with. Very talented gal. So anyway, I hope I do it justice!
Glen Rawson is speaking to us tonight. And everyone's excited! He's like a local celebrity. When people are like," You know him?!" I'm like, "yeah, he was my seminary teacher. He cool." ;) No, but really, they say everyone has 1 or 2 leaders/teachers/adults in their young life that helps shape who they become and has an impact on them {aside from family members, of course!}. Bro. Rawson was definitely one of those to me. Through his teachings and stories and example I gained a stronger testimony of the Gospel. When life got hard, I was prepared spiritually to handle it. And my faith and testimony keep growing as I continue living life. {Some other teachers I had that I think had an impact on me was my Achievement day leader~Sis. Starzcky {s/p}, Young Woman leaders Sis. Rammell, Sis. Bitton, and Sis. Sorenson and my choir teacher~ Mrs. Mann.Plus many more! }
Anyway, Steve thought it was pretty cool when I approached our Bishop about having Bro. Rawson come speak to us and he was like,"Can you really get Glen Rawson?!" And I was said," He's an old friend. All I can do is call and see if he can come or not. No promises, as I know he's a busy man. But I'll ask." But what Steve heard, " oh sure! Glen and I go way back! He's an old friend! I'll call him up!" Anyway, he thought that was cool....
{Bro. Rawson asked me to sing tonight. I didn't put myself in the program. I hope people won't think I'm trying to toot my own horn or something....}
*Sunday is Steve's Birthday. Just thought I'd put that out there...
The other night he said he loved how my skin smells. I was like, " hmm.....What does my skin smell like?" He said it smelled like I'd just washed with good smelling soap. .....So I guess my skin smells clean. That's good to know.
Anyhoo, I just love how he makes me feel good about myself and lets me know he loves me!
*Last night Steve also told me that if I end up having back surgery he'll be p.o.ed big time. At ME! He said I'll have brought it on myself.
He said all this after finding out I had vacuumed the house that day. As well as carried in groceries the other day. Etc, etc...
I told him how frustrating it is to sit around all day doing nothing and waiting for him and V. to get home and do my job for me. I mean, I'm a stay at home housewife and mother. It's my role, my job to take care of the house and everything. Then to be told that I can't do those things for a few months because of my stupid back is just..... I feel useless. Lazy. Frustrated. Anxious. Everything! I know I need to follow these restrictions so my back can heal. Steve said I need to let him and V. do those things for me. He says not to feel guilty asking for help. They WANT to help me out. I guess I'm just being too prideful...
I've also gained some weight. And all I can do is walk. A little of the elliptical. And I've been trying to eat better. But the weight just keeps going up. I can't wait till I can start jogging again. More frustrations....
*Tonight is Relief Society night . I'm so stressed. I always stress the day of R.S. night. I hate being in charge of things.{Yet I really am loving this calling! } And tonight we've invited the husbands AND the 3rd Ward to come as well. AND I'm singing. Stress, stress, stress. I just hope it all goes well, that people come away feeling uplifted and encouraged, and that I don't mess up this song. I don't have the melody written out. All I have are lyrics and a recording. So I've been listening to the recording over and over trying to get the melody stuck in my head! It's a very simple but lovely song.With a great message. Written by a girl I went to school with. Very talented gal. So anyway, I hope I do it justice!
Glen Rawson is speaking to us tonight. And everyone's excited! He's like a local celebrity. When people are like," You know him?!" I'm like, "yeah, he was my seminary teacher. He cool." ;) No, but really, they say everyone has 1 or 2 leaders/teachers/adults in their young life that helps shape who they become and has an impact on them {aside from family members, of course!}. Bro. Rawson was definitely one of those to me. Through his teachings and stories and example I gained a stronger testimony of the Gospel. When life got hard, I was prepared spiritually to handle it. And my faith and testimony keep growing as I continue living life. {Some other teachers I had that I think had an impact on me was my Achievement day leader~Sis. Starzcky {s/p}, Young Woman leaders Sis. Rammell, Sis. Bitton, and Sis. Sorenson and my choir teacher~ Mrs. Mann.Plus many more! }
Anyway, Steve thought it was pretty cool when I approached our Bishop about having Bro. Rawson come speak to us and he was like,"Can you really get Glen Rawson?!" And I was said," He's an old friend. All I can do is call and see if he can come or not. No promises, as I know he's a busy man. But I'll ask." But what Steve heard, " oh sure! Glen and I go way back! He's an old friend! I'll call him up!" Anyway, he thought that was cool....
{Bro. Rawson asked me to sing tonight. I didn't put myself in the program. I hope people won't think I'm trying to toot my own horn or something....}
*Sunday is Steve's Birthday. Just thought I'd put that out there...
3 comments:
Glenn Rawson was my hero, too! I loved him as a seminary teacher. I still remember things he taught us --many things. Such a great man! And of COURSE he would come and do the RS activity with you! He was your seminary teacher! He always loves his students. :) It's funny because when I see him on TV advertising for cruises and trips now, I just shake my head. We knew him when, eh?
You'll have to tell me how it goes!
I'm always a little surprised that when people ask me where I took seminary and I tell them, they're like, " What?! He lives HERE?! In town?!"
And I'm like, " Yep."
How could they not know this!?!? Glenn has been around for DECADES. I remember when he started doing The Sounds of Sunday --because it was during my junior year? Senior year? Anyway, it's just funny that people didn't know that.
Post a Comment