Being a Monday, Steve had work. :( V. and I tried to talk him into calling in sick but he was already taking this next Friday off because family will be in town. So he got up early and went to work while V. and I slept in!
When V. woke up she asked if she could play the Wii. Sure, why not? So she did that while I got myself ready for the day and cleaned up a little.
Then we went to my chiropractor for my appointment. My back has been feeling much better. More like an achiness at times and not so much a pain. Good sign! Or so I thought. Dr. Ellis has this table that I lay face down on, he straps my legs down, then stretches the table out a bit then lowers the table where my legs are. It's supposed to stretch my back. Or something. Anyway, we had gotten to the point that he could lower my legs a good amount without me feeling any pain in my back. But when he did it today he just barely started to lower my legs and I already felt pain! Which isn't good. He asked if I've been lifting heavy things or stuff like that. I told him no. I still have Steve help with the laundry and V. vacuums and all that. So he said maybe we started backing off too soon with treatments? Anyway, I see him again on Friday and we'll see how my back is doing then. I'm kinda bummed. I honestly felt like things were getting better...
After that V. and I went for a walk around Jensen's Grove. It's about a 1.75 mile walk. Then she played on the playground while I laid out in the sun and read. I love how easily kids make friends! We were there not 2 minutes and she already was running around with another girl and playing with her!
After that we got some groceries. I asked V. if we should pick up Subways while in town for lunch. She said," No. I like your cooking. I just want you to make me something. " Well, okay then! You compliment my cooking and I'll make anything for you! So we went home and had homemade mac & cheese.
Then we did some reading and she did her piano practice. Then I got out my paints and she painted a little wooden bird house we had picked up last week at the store. Then she played outside with a neighbor girl until it was time to go to cheer. After cheer we ran to the library to sign her up for softball then home to dinner, bath and bed. It is a school night after all!
This has been a very fun Easter break! Beautiful weather and lots of family time!
When V. woke up she asked if she could play the Wii. Sure, why not? So she did that while I got myself ready for the day and cleaned up a little.
Then we went to my chiropractor for my appointment. My back has been feeling much better. More like an achiness at times and not so much a pain. Good sign! Or so I thought. Dr. Ellis has this table that I lay face down on, he straps my legs down, then stretches the table out a bit then lowers the table where my legs are. It's supposed to stretch my back. Or something. Anyway, we had gotten to the point that he could lower my legs a good amount without me feeling any pain in my back. But when he did it today he just barely started to lower my legs and I already felt pain! Which isn't good. He asked if I've been lifting heavy things or stuff like that. I told him no. I still have Steve help with the laundry and V. vacuums and all that. So he said maybe we started backing off too soon with treatments? Anyway, I see him again on Friday and we'll see how my back is doing then. I'm kinda bummed. I honestly felt like things were getting better...
After that V. and I went for a walk around Jensen's Grove. It's about a 1.75 mile walk. Then she played on the playground while I laid out in the sun and read. I love how easily kids make friends! We were there not 2 minutes and she already was running around with another girl and playing with her!
After that we got some groceries. I asked V. if we should pick up Subways while in town for lunch. She said," No. I like your cooking. I just want you to make me something. " Well, okay then! You compliment my cooking and I'll make anything for you! So we went home and had homemade mac & cheese.
Then we did some reading and she did her piano practice. Then I got out my paints and she painted a little wooden bird house we had picked up last week at the store. Then she played outside with a neighbor girl until it was time to go to cheer. After cheer we ran to the library to sign her up for softball then home to dinner, bath and bed. It is a school night after all!
This has been a very fun Easter break! Beautiful weather and lots of family time!
No comments:
Post a Comment