Church doesn't start until 11:00. But I had choir practice at 10:00. Steve's early morning meeting was cancelled. So we had a quiet, relaxing morning.
V. has been singing with me at choir practice lately, but is too shy to actually get up and sing with the choir. Today she almost did, but then changed her mind. Sacrament meeting was beautiful! the Spirit of the Lord was there! The song the choir sang was lovely! A beautiful Easter Sunday service!
We went home after Sacrament meeting as V. said she wasn't feeling well. This has been happening a lot this year since we switched to this time block. Usually we get her home and she eats a little bit and is then fine. So I honestly think her tummy not feeling well is just hunger. She really hasn't ever experienced hunger. The last time we had this time block {11:00~2:00} was maybe 3-4 years ago. She was at an age where we still brought snacks for her. I've tried feeding her a bigger, later breakfast, but where we still have to be at the church for choir practice at 10:00 her breakfast is usually at 9:00~9:30ish. So she still gets hungry. But I guess we'll keep trying to help her adjust...
Since we were missing the last two meetings of church we decided to watch some movies about Christ and his Resurrection. Since that's what Easter is all about! We watched "He is Risen", a cartoon from the Living Scriptures series. Then we went old school and pulled out our VHS "the Lamb of God". One of my favorite shows! I also feel the Spirit so strong while watching that and usually end up crying! { Little side note here~ "the Lamb of God was filmed in Provo when I was young and my family lived down there. My Dad was an extra. Just a bystander. But one day one of the guys playing a guard didn't show up. So they grabbed my Dad. With his dark looks and full beard he looked the part! So you can see him in a couple of scenes leading Christ to Pilate}.
I made brownies and we went to my folks for dinner and an egg hunt! Some of my brothers and sisters and their kids were there and it was sun! Steve and V. kicked the soccer ball around a little after the egg hunt.
Then we came home and relaxed and went to bed.
V. has been singing with me at choir practice lately, but is too shy to actually get up and sing with the choir. Today she almost did, but then changed her mind. Sacrament meeting was beautiful! the Spirit of the Lord was there! The song the choir sang was lovely! A beautiful Easter Sunday service!
We went home after Sacrament meeting as V. said she wasn't feeling well. This has been happening a lot this year since we switched to this time block. Usually we get her home and she eats a little bit and is then fine. So I honestly think her tummy not feeling well is just hunger. She really hasn't ever experienced hunger. The last time we had this time block {11:00~2:00} was maybe 3-4 years ago. She was at an age where we still brought snacks for her. I've tried feeding her a bigger, later breakfast, but where we still have to be at the church for choir practice at 10:00 her breakfast is usually at 9:00~9:30ish. So she still gets hungry. But I guess we'll keep trying to help her adjust...
Since we were missing the last two meetings of church we decided to watch some movies about Christ and his Resurrection. Since that's what Easter is all about! We watched "He is Risen", a cartoon from the Living Scriptures series. Then we went old school and pulled out our VHS "the Lamb of God". One of my favorite shows! I also feel the Spirit so strong while watching that and usually end up crying! { Little side note here~ "the Lamb of God was filmed in Provo when I was young and my family lived down there. My Dad was an extra. Just a bystander. But one day one of the guys playing a guard didn't show up. So they grabbed my Dad. With his dark looks and full beard he looked the part! So you can see him in a couple of scenes leading Christ to Pilate}.
I made brownies and we went to my folks for dinner and an egg hunt! Some of my brothers and sisters and their kids were there and it was sun! Steve and V. kicked the soccer ball around a little after the egg hunt.
Then we came home and relaxed and went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment