My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Snowmen and Hot Cocoa

Well, we stayed home from church today. Nobody was really sick but..........I think I might have had another miscarriage. I'm not positive, but pretty sure. I thought I was just having a normal period this week. But then I started passing some good size blood clots. Then yesterday afternoon I started feeling sick and getting cramps. I almost had Steve take me to the hospital last night because I was bleeding VERY heavy. But then I passed another clot and the bleeding slowed down. I was afraid to go to church this morning and possibly start bleeding heavy again, so that's why we stayed home . I know, too much info! Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable! But yes, I think it was a miscarriage, but I would have been barely pregnant, only four weeks. So I'm okay emotionally, very sad, but I didn't even know I was pregnant so I feel okay. Does that make sense?
Anyway, I woke up this morning feeling much better and having more energy then I have had the last couple of days. We had a nice morning eating breakfast together, watching 'Miracle on 34th Street' and watching the snow fall. This afternoon I thought I would let V. out to play in the snow since she's been such a good girl the last couple of days while I was tired and she was so excited to see the snow!

We made a snowman. The first one of the season, and the snow was perfect! The balls grew so fast!
Then we finished off with a cup of Hot Cocoa and cheese and crackers! What a fun afternoon we had!

Sometimes I really struggle with how hard it is for us to have another baby. But days like today make me so grateful to have such a beautiful, healthy daughter. I love V. with all my heart. And I'm so glad she chose to come to our family. She is my angel and such a blessing in my life!


6 comments:

Hailey said...

I do know how it feels. I have had the exsact same thing happen to me, and more than anything you feel frustrated. All I know is that V is lucky to have you for a mom. Sometimes when we can't see the light through our trials we have to remember that Heavenly Father does... and really what other choice do we have than to trust in him! By the way... Justin was a little jealous of your snow man too! It's super cute!

HARKER FAMILY said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard and heart breaking it is to want a baby so bad. But I also know that miracles happen. you guys are in our prayers Hope you have a happy thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much snow you got. We only had a dusting of it! My sister said that she got quite a bit and after your pics I see what she means. I hope things happen for you two soon. We miss you guys!!

Unknown said...

Mary, I'm so sorry for the hard time you are having. Many prayers headed your way!

Danica said...

I am so sorry Mary. You two are in our prayers. Give V. a kiss for me and uncle Nate. We are up for dinner again ANYTIME!!

Jenna said...

Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry. My heart aches for you. I'm glad you were able to make some warm memories with your family. You guys got WAY more snow than we did. our snowman was pitiful looking. :) The girls want to know when they can see "atoria" again (Blaire has a rough time with her "V's" :) They think she is a lot of fun to have around.