My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Monday, November 30, 2009

The end of the month

This past month I have had this Thankful list on my side bar.The goal was to add something I'm thankful for each day of the month. The Month is now over so I need to remove it, but I didn't want to lose the list. Each day, as I wrote down one more thing I was thankful for, I realized how very blessed I am.
Some of you may not know that we have been trying to have another baby for about 2 1/2 years. In the last 14 months I have had three miscarriages. They have been very sad and emotional for me. But I'm so grateful that because of what the gospel teaches, I know someday I will get to meet those three little spirits that I lost. I don't know if this is the way it happens, but I choose to believe that those pregnancies were those spirits' chance for a mortal body. I believe the spirit enters a body at the moment of conception. For some reason, God took those spirits home. Maybe they were too good for this earth, I don't know. But I believe that they are now in Heaven, with Him, waiting for us. Because Steve and I have been sealed in the Temple for not only this life, but here after, any and all of our children are sealed to us. Even if I didn't carry them full term. And we will always be a family. Like I said, when it comes to miscarriages, I'm not sure how it happens and works out. But this is what I 'm believing. That those spirits aren't lost to me forever. That this was their chance to come to earth. And now they are watching over us and waiting until the day we can be reunited again. This has given me hope, so I don't despair over the failed pregnancies. I know this is not the end.
I want to thank all my family and friends. You all mean so much to me! I'm grateful I have each and every one of you in my life!
Now that I've gone off onto a different subject, the main reason for this post is so I can copy down all the things that I have written on the side bar that I'm Thankful for. Now I can come back and read it anytime, and remind myself how very blessed I am. Because I am blessed.

I give Thanks for...
1. My Savior, Jesus Christ
2. Eternal Families
3.The love of my Daughter
4.The love of my Husband
5.My home {Thankful I have a roof over my head!}
6.My husbands job
7. Being able to be a Stay-At-Home mom
8.The gift of being able to be a mother. I'm thankful the Lord has given me such a beautiful angel to be my daughter!
9. My Parents
10. Modern Medicine
11. My Talents
12. My Freedom
13. Music
14. Laughter
15. Friends
16. The gift of Sight
17. The gift of Sound
18. I know this will sound cliche, but I'm thankful for the pitter-patter of little feet! I love hearing my daughter run around the house!
19. Chocolate!
20.Our food storage
21. My wonderful Husband!
22. The Priesthood. And I'm grateful my husband is worthy to hold the Priesthood.
23. A warm bed to snuggle in!
24. Modern transportation.
25. Steve's, V.'s and my good health.
26. Memories!
27. I'm Thankful for the gospel principles I believe in. They give me such hope and comfort
28. I'm grateful for the nights I get a good nights sleep.
29. I'm Thankful that we have food. We have never had to worry about where our next meal will come from. We've always been able to provide for our family. I'm so Thankful that we can take care of our daughter.
30. Love!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

cool idea - we should all do that! imagine what our lists would look like if we wrote down one thing everyday all year! you are in my prayers - we love you guys.

Becki said...

Mary, I believe the same as you. I had a miscarriage before Ava. I believe that I will see that little spirit again someday. I was not very far along, but it was still a huge loss for me. Anyways, I am so sorry for this trial that you are going through. I know that nothing I can say will make it better, but I want you to know that you will be in my prayers. Hugs!!