I recently found out I am currently employed to work outside of the home. And I have been employed since last September but didn't know it.
How did I not know this you ask?
Last year right before the school year started I thought it might be nice to try to find some type of part time work to help keep myself busy now that V. was going to be in school full time. I went in to the school district office and picked up an application to be a substitute cook. Perfect job I thought. It wouldn't be all the time. And when I DID work, it would be only while V. was at school. With the application they gave me the forms I would need to get fingerprinted. They said to go ahead and get it done so that way if I was hired they already would have everything they needed.
So I filled out the application and got fingerprinted. When I turned those in I asked to speak to the person in charge of the cooks. And I explained to her what I was looking for, that this was my first job since having V., that she is my first priority. I explained I wanted to try working again but if I felt like it interfered with taking care of V. or anything like that I would quit. She nodded and said, "Sure, sure. I understand. No problem."
Then I never heard anything back.
Well, last week a lady called wondering if I could sub. for her at one of the schools. Unfortunately, it was a day I help in V.'s classroom so I told her sorry, I couldn't. I then turned to Steve and told him I guess I had been hired but didn't know? He said I better find out if I was supposed to receive training or anything like that.
So I went in the other day and explained all this. The lady I talked to said that if I got a call to sub. for someone then yes, that means I've been hired and my name is on the list. When I asked about training, she said it's on~the~job training. That the next time I got called to sub. to go ahead and go in and just tell the other cooks it was my first time and that they would help me out.
So yeah, I guess I'm a working woman now who gets called to work 1 day every 6 months? I guess we'll see if the work picks up any! ;)
How did I not know this you ask?
Last year right before the school year started I thought it might be nice to try to find some type of part time work to help keep myself busy now that V. was going to be in school full time. I went in to the school district office and picked up an application to be a substitute cook. Perfect job I thought. It wouldn't be all the time. And when I DID work, it would be only while V. was at school. With the application they gave me the forms I would need to get fingerprinted. They said to go ahead and get it done so that way if I was hired they already would have everything they needed.
So I filled out the application and got fingerprinted. When I turned those in I asked to speak to the person in charge of the cooks. And I explained to her what I was looking for, that this was my first job since having V., that she is my first priority. I explained I wanted to try working again but if I felt like it interfered with taking care of V. or anything like that I would quit. She nodded and said, "Sure, sure. I understand. No problem."
Then I never heard anything back.
Well, last week a lady called wondering if I could sub. for her at one of the schools. Unfortunately, it was a day I help in V.'s classroom so I told her sorry, I couldn't. I then turned to Steve and told him I guess I had been hired but didn't know? He said I better find out if I was supposed to receive training or anything like that.
So I went in the other day and explained all this. The lady I talked to said that if I got a call to sub. for someone then yes, that means I've been hired and my name is on the list. When I asked about training, she said it's on~the~job training. That the next time I got called to sub. to go ahead and go in and just tell the other cooks it was my first time and that they would help me out.
So yeah, I guess I'm a working woman now who gets called to work 1 day every 6 months? I guess we'll see if the work picks up any! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment