I was watching the season Finale of Downton Abbey. At the end when Mary, Matthew and the baby are together, I thought to myself," They are so happy. They are so in love. Their lives are perfect!"
Then I immediately thought back a few nights ago when Steve and I were having a conversation. And he told me how deeply in love he is with me. How incredibly happy he is with life. How I'm his best friend, he finds me extremely sexy, and how life with V. and I are perfect to him.
Maybe this is a little TMI. But these were things I was needing to hear. I have low self-esteem and am incredibly self-conscious of my body. Like, real self conscious. Yes, I've given birth and been through pregnancy {many times} life takes a toll on ones body. But I think the reason I am so self conscious is that I gained 40 pounds the first 5 months of marriage{from birth control}. So in a way, I feel like I lost my sexy body even before having a child. I shouldn't have lost my figure that quickly. But throughout our marriage Steve has always made me feel beautiful. And has always made me feel loved. But for some reason this last week having him say that I was lovely and sexy and the best thing in the world to happen to him really, really was needed and appreciated.
I also thought back to when V. was born. And how Steve and I were so over-the-moon happy to have her join us. I loved watching Steve with her. He was so gentle and sweet.
I also thought back on all the memories we have made together and/or as a family.
So what I'm getting at here but taking forever to say, is that while watching a fictional couple living their happily ever after, I realized how I am living MY Happily Ever After. I am perfectly content with my life. Perfectly at peace. Perfectly happy.
Then I immediately thought back a few nights ago when Steve and I were having a conversation. And he told me how deeply in love he is with me. How incredibly happy he is with life. How I'm his best friend, he finds me extremely sexy, and how life with V. and I are perfect to him.
Maybe this is a little TMI. But these were things I was needing to hear. I have low self-esteem and am incredibly self-conscious of my body. Like, real self conscious. Yes, I've given birth and been through pregnancy {many times} life takes a toll on ones body. But I think the reason I am so self conscious is that I gained 40 pounds the first 5 months of marriage{from birth control}. So in a way, I feel like I lost my sexy body even before having a child. I shouldn't have lost my figure that quickly. But throughout our marriage Steve has always made me feel beautiful. And has always made me feel loved. But for some reason this last week having him say that I was lovely and sexy and the best thing in the world to happen to him really, really was needed and appreciated.
I also thought back to when V. was born. And how Steve and I were so over-the-moon happy to have her join us. I loved watching Steve with her. He was so gentle and sweet.
I also thought back on all the memories we have made together and/or as a family.
So what I'm getting at here but taking forever to say, is that while watching a fictional couple living their happily ever after, I realized how I am living MY Happily Ever After. I am perfectly content with my life. Perfectly at peace. Perfectly happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment