My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Randomness

* I walked 3 1/2 miles this morning, since running and Zumba are out for a while. Man. I didn't realize I was addicted to running until it was taken away from me! It was so hard to restrain myself this morning. I kept just wanting to break out into a jog. A light jog. Only for 5 minutes! But no. I didn't give in. I just walked. {But I did speed walk!}

* I asked V. this morning if she was getting dressed. She responded," Well, I WAS getting dressed. But then my eyes got stuck. So I stopped."
When I asked her what that meant, she said, with her eyes staring off into space, " You know, my eyes were just like this."
*sigh*

* After yesterdays post I wanted to clarify that yes, I DID watch Downton Abbey to the very end. Yes. I saw what happened. But in yesterday's post I was talking about what I felt and thought during the one happy scene. Before the end happened. I'm sad about the end.


* I also had the thought yesterday about how everyone is always like "I need to find me a Mr. Darcy." or " I wish Mr. Darcy was real." or stuff like that.
And I thought to myself," I don't need a Mr. Darcy. I have a Mr. H.  And he's perfect for me!"
Just thought I would share that thought.....

* This morning while reading my scriptures I came across 3 separate lines that stuck out to me.
The first being found in 2nd Nephi 1: 15 ".......I am encircled about eternally in the arms of His love." I love that scripture. Very comforting.
The second scripture is in 2nd Nephi 1: 21 and 23 "......Arise my sons...be men, and be determined in one mind and one heart, united in all things...", ".....put on the armor of righteousness..."
I wish all young men would read these 2 scriptures and take them to heart. THAT is the definition of a true man!
The last scripture I wanted to share I found in 2nd Nephi 2:4 ".......the Spirit is the same, yesterday, today, and forever....and Salvation is free."
Did you hear that? Salvation is FREE! All you have to do is accept Christ and follow Him and His teachings. That's it! As my daughter would say," Easy peasy lemon squeezey!"
* I love listening to Classical music while exercising outdoors. There's just something about feeling your heart pumping, feeling the warmth of the sun on your face and maybe the breeze on your cheek, breathing in fresh air, and listening to Paul Potts sing Nessun Dorma. {Or just any classical music!}
You feel like the heavens have opened and you feel like a chorus is singing "AHHHHHH!!!!!" And life is Beautiful! I can only desrcibe it as a very spiritual feeling!
* I think I'll make a brownie recipe I found on Pinterest today. As well as a Pinterest crockpot recipe.

 

No comments: