My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

YAY!



Steve found out today that he drew an elk hunt. He is so excited! This will be his first time hunting elk. He also will hunt deer this year.


Personally, I'm really hoping he gets his elk. Elk meat is so much better tasting then deer meat. He hunts with a bow, so it is more challenging and fun.

This is a picture of him from last year.


Anyhoo, he's real excited and can't wait for the season to start!

4 comments:

Cristy said...

Well congrats to you both. My husband plans to go hunting this season for the first time ever. I am not too fond of the idea though.... for one thing, I don't even know if I will like the meat at all..... yeah!!! Anyway... Hope he has a good time!

Danica said...

Its because he has a year around tag, Mr. Navajo!! Haha. Tell him congrats. I hope he gets a good one.

Jenna said...

Nick was complaining about that last night! :) Congrats to him and I also hope you get the elk - I told Nick if he gets a deer that we are donating every ounce of meat - yuck! :)

Mel said...

Good luck to him. Trent got both last year and the meat has been great to have. Just be prepared for A LOT of meat. Elk are huge! And the elk meat isn't always better. His deer was better than the elk last year. Kinda weird I know.