My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Today

*  I'll admit it. I cried a little while watching this video. What an amazing experience these 2 young men are going to have. God works in mysterious ways. But always in miraculous ways!

*  In other news, it's Pi Day. So to celebrate I am thinking of making a chocolate pudding pie. That's the only type of pie all three of us like. But I have a Relief Society thing tonight that is a dinner and program. So I'm hoping when I get home there will still be some pie left for me in the fridge!

*  I moved some furniture around on Monday. I know I shouldn't have. But it's just so hard to sit around all day doing nothing waiting for Steve to get home and help me. I feel bad. He works all day and then comes home and has to help me with stuff that needs done here. I also took out the garbage and vacuumed. Other things I'm not supposed to do. And I am paying for it now. My back has increased in pain the last few days. Alright! I learned my lesson! I won't do ANYTHING until my back is healed. It's just so hard though. And Steve doesn't make me feel guilty for having to help me more. He makes me feel guilty for doing it and not waiting for him. {Okay, he really doesn't make me feel guilty. He just says my name in that small reprimanding way," Mary. You need to not be doing that. Wait for me and I'll do it for you."} He doesn't want me to hurt my back anymore than it already is hurt. He's so good. It's just me and my stubbornness and being too proud to admit that I need to depend on him and V. more. I need to humble myself and let them help me.

*  It's going to be another beautiful Spring day today! The heat is off and soon I'll open the doors to let in the fresh sunshine and fresh air!

* Tonight is our Stake Relief Society birthday dinner and program. They want each ward to have a table set up that shows our R.S. history. So the R.S. president and I have been trying to get things ready and I think it will turn out. You never know until you go over there and actually get setting up. We have framed pictures of each of the R.S. presidents our ward has had as well as their testimonies written down. Sis. Ellis has also put together a very pretty Spring bouquet to have on the table. Then I've put together a little collage of photos we've found. This has made me realize I need to take photos of our R.S. nights we do. Most of the photos we do have are older ones! {Did I tell you I'm the Relief Society night coordinator for our ward? I've had the calling for about 10 months and so far am really enjoying it!} Anyway, we also are both bringing anything we have that we've made or done in Relief Society in this ward to display. So I hope it all comes to together and looks good.....I think it will.... I hope it will!

* If you were to come over to my home right now you'd find me in my sweatpants, one of Steve's sweatshirts, hair pulled back in a bun and paint all over my pants and hands. I have been creating today! Creating items to take into the shop to sell and creating items for our R.S. table tonight. I am frantically trying to get it all done! As well as trying to catch up on dishes and laundry and housework!
 

No comments: