My two most favorite people!

My two most favorite people!
Nauvoo, 2008

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Uneven wrinkles

V., her cousin and I in front of the Mesa Temple
Taken in Arizona, September 2012
As I'm starting to get older, I'm starting to get wrinkles. Which I'm okay with. Wrinkles are a sign of living life. Laugh lines. Worry lines. Memory lines. I am grateful I am blessed to be living to the age to start getting wrinkles!
I am starting to notice however that the wrinkles around my eyes are not the same. I have more/deeper wrinkles around my left eye than I do around my right one. The only explanation I can think as to why this is happening is that it must have something to do with the fact that I still have a small amount of paralysis on the right side of my face. { you can read about why I have paralysis here }.
Yes, I do feel like I can move my eyebrow more, smile bigger etc. But I think there is always going to be some unhealed nerve damage to that side of my face.
It has me curious to see how my face will look as I continue ageing. Will one side of my face be full of deep wrinkles and the other side be not quite as wrinkly? Who knows! I guess we'll see in another 20 years what happens!

No comments: